McAfee Plugin License Agreement
NETWORK ASSOCIATES END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT NOTICE TO ALL USERS: CAREFULLY READ THE FOLLOWING LEGAL AGREEMENT ( "AGREEMENT"), FOR THE LICENSE OF SPECIFIED SOFTWARE ("SOFTWARE") BY NETWORKS ASSOCIATES, INC. ("NETWORK ASSOCIATES"). BY CLICKING THE ACCEPT BUTTON OR INSTALLING THE SOFTWARE, YOU (EITHER AN INDIVIDUAL OR A SINGLE ENTITY) CONSENT TO BE BOUND BY AND BECOME A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, CLICK THE BUTTON THAT INDICATES THAT YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND DO NOT INSTALL THE SOFTWARE. (IF APPLICABLE, YOU MAY RETURN THE PRODUCT TO THE PLACE OF PURCHASE FOR A FULL REFUND.)
- 1. LICENSE GRANT.
Subject to the payment of the applicable license fees, and subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Network Associates hereby grants to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable right to use one copy of the specified version of the Software and the accompanying documentation (the "Documentation"). You may install one copy of the Software on one computer, workstation, personal digital assistant, pager, "smart phone" or other electronic device for which the Software was designed (each, a "Client Device"). If the Software is licensed as a suite or bundle with more than one specified Software products, this license applies to all such specified Software products, subject to any restrictions or usage terms specified on the applicable price list or product packaging that apply to any of such Software products individually.
- a. Use. The Software is licensed as a single product; it may not be used on more than one Client Device or by more than one user at a time, except as set forth in this Section 1. The Software is "in use" on a computer when it is loaded into the temporary memory (i.e., random-access memory or RAM) or installed into the permanent memory (e.g., hard disk, CD-ROM, or other storage device) of that Client Device. This license authorizes you to make one copy of the Software solely for backup or archival purposes, provided that the copy you make contains all of the Software's proprietary notices.
- b. Server-Mode Use. To the extent such use is specified in the applicable price list or product packaging for the Software, you may use the Software on a Client Device as a server ("Server") within a multi-user or networked environment ("Server-Mode") for either (i) connecting, directly or indirectly, to not more than the maximum number of specified Client Devices, or (ii) deploying not more than the maximum number of agents (pollers) specified for deployment. If no such maximum number is specified, this is a single product use license subject to subsection (a) above. A separate license is required for each Client Device or "seat" that may connect to the Server at any time, regardless of whether such licensed Client Devices or seats are concurrently connected to, accessing or using the Software. Use of software or hardware that reduces the number of Client Devices or seats directly accessing or utilizing the Software (e.g., "multiplexing" or "pooling" software or hardware) does not reduce the number of licenses required (i.e., the required number of licenses would equal the number of distinct inputs to the multiplexing or pooling software or hardware "front end"). If the number of Client Devices or seats that can connect to the Software can exceed the number of licenses you have obtained, then you must have a reasonable mechanism in place to ensure that your use of the Software does not exceed the use limits specified for the license you have obtained. This license authorizes you to make or download one copy of the Documentation for each Client Device or seat that is licensed, provided that each such copy contains all of the Documentation's proprietary notices.
- c. Volume Use. If the Software is licensed with volume license terms specified in the applicable price list or product packaging for the Software, you may make, use and install as many additional copies of the Software on the number of Client Devices as the volume license authorizes. You must have a reasonable mechanism in place to ensure that the number of Client Devices on which the Software has been installed does not exceed the number of licenses you have obtained. This license authorizes you to make or download one copy of the Documentation for each additional copy authorized by the volume license, provided that each such copy contains all of the Documentation's proprietary notices.
- 2. TERM. This Agreement is effective unless and until you or Network Associates terminates the Agreement earlier, in accordance with the terms set forth herein. This Agreement will terminate automatically if you fail to comply with any of the limitations or other requirements described herein. When this agreement terminates, you must destroy all copies of the Software and the Documentation. You may terminate this Agreement at any point by destroying all copies of the Software and the Documentation.
- 3. UPDATES. For the time period specified in the applicable price list or product packaging for the Software, and if not specified, then for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of original purchase of the Software, you are entitled to download revisions, upgrades, or updates to the Software when and as Network Associates publishes them via its electronic bulletin board system, website or through other online services. After the specified time period, you have no further rights to receive any revisions, upgrades or updates without purchase of a new license to the Software.
- 4. OWNERSHIP RIGHTS. The Software is protected by United States copyright laws and international treaty provisions. Network Associates and its suppliers own and retain all right, title and interest in and to the Software, including all copyrights, patents, trade secret rights, trademarks and other intellectual property rights therein. You acknowledge that your possession, installation, or use of the Software does not transfer to you any title to the intellectual property in the Software, and that you will not acquire any rights to the Software except as expressly set forth in this Agreement. You agree that any copies of the Software and Documentation will contain the same proprietary notices which appear on and in the Software and Documentation.
- 5. RESTRICTIONS. You may not rent, lease, loan or resell the Software. You may not permit third parties to benefit from the use or functionality of the Software via a timesharing, service bureau or other arrangement, except to the extent such use is specified in the applicable list price or product packaging for the Software. You may not transfer any of the rights granted to you under this Agreement. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software, except to the extent the foregoing restriction is expressly prohibited by applicable law. You may not modify, or create derivative works based upon, the Software in whole or in part. You may not copy the Software or Documentation except as expressly permitted in Section 1 above. You may not remove any proprietary notices or labels on the Software. All rights not expressly set forth hereunder are reserved by Network Associates. Network Associates reserves the right to periodically conduct audits upon advance written notice to verify compliance with the terms of this Agreement.
- 6. WARRANTY and DISCLAIMER.
- a. Limited Warranty. Network Associates warrants that for sixty (60) days from the date of original purchase the media (for example diskettes) on which the Software is contained will be free from defects in materials and workmanship.
- b. Customer Remedies. Network Associates' and its suppliers' entire liability and your exclusive remedy shall be, at Network Associates' option, either (i) return of the purchase price paid for the license, if any, or (ii) replacement of the defective media in which the Software is contained with a copy on nondefective media. You must return the defective media to Network Associates at your expense with a copy of your receipt. This limited warranty is void if the defect has resulted from accident, abuse, or misapplication. Any replacement media will be warranted for the remainder of the original warranty period. Outside the United States, this remedy is not available to the extent Network Associates is subject to restrictions under United States export control laws and regulations.
- c. Warranty Disclaimer. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, and except for the limited warranty set forth herein, THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING PROVISIONS, YOU ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR SELECTING THE SOFTWARE TO ACHIEVE YOUR INTENDED RESULTS, AND FOR THE INSTALLATION OF, USE OF, AND RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE SOFTWARE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING PROVISIONS, NETWORK ASSOCIATES MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL BE ERROR-FREE OR FREE FROM INTERRUPTIONS OR OTHER FAILURES OR THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NETWORK ASSOCIATES DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT WITH RESPECT TO THE SOFTWARE AND THE ACCOMPANYING DOCUMENTATION. SOME STATES AND JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. The foregoing provisions shall be enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
- 7. LIMITATION of LIABILITY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER IN TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL NETWORK ASSOCIATES OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY CHARACTER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR FOR ANY AND ALL OTHER DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL NETWORK ASSOCIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE LIST PRICE NETWORK ASSOCIATES CHARGES FOR A LICENSE TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF NETWORK ASSOCIATES SHALL HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY TO THE EXTENT THAT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. FURTHERMORE, SOME STATES AND JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS LIMITATION AND EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. The foregoing provisions shall be enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
- 8. UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT. The Software and accompanying Documentation are deemed to be "commercial computer software" and "commercial computer software documentation," respectively, pursuant to DFAR Section 227.7202 and FAR Section 12.212, as applicable. Any use, modification, reproduction, release, performance, display or disclosure of the Software and accompanying Documentation by the United States Government shall be governed solely by the terms of this Agreement and shall be prohibited except to the extent expressly permitted by the terms of this Agreement.
- 9. EXPORT CONTROLS. You acknowledge that the Software and Documentation must be exported in accordance with U.S. Export Administration Regulations and diversion contrary to U.S. laws is prohibited. You represent that neither the United States Bureau of Export Administration nor any other federal agency has suspended, revoked or denied Your export privileges. You represent that You will not use or transfer the Software for end use relating to any nuclear, chemical or biological weapons, or missile technology unless authorized by the U.S. Government by regulation or specific license. You acknowledge it is your ultimate responsibility to comply with any and all import and export restrictions, and other applicable laws, in the U.S. or elsewhere, and that Network Associates has no further responsibility after the initial sale to you within the original country of sale.
- 10. HIGH RISK ACTIVITIES. The Software is not fault-tolerant and is not designed or intended for use in hazardous environments requiring fail-safe performance, including without limitation, in the operation of nuclear facilities, aircraft navigation or communication systems, air traffic control, weapons systems, direct life-support machines, or any other application in which the failure of the Software could lead directly to death, personal injury, or severe physical or property damage (collectively, "High Risk Activities"). Network Associates expressly disclaims any express or implied warranty of fitness for High Risk Activities.
- 11. MISCELLANEOUS. This Agreement is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of California, without reference to conflict of laws principles. The application of the United Nations Convention of Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded. This Agreement sets forth all rights for the user of the Software and is the entire agreement between the parties. This agreement supersedes any other communications with respect to the Software and Documentation. This Agreement may not be modified except by a written addendum issued by a duly authorized representative of Network Associates. No provision hereof shall be deemed waived unless such waiver shall be in writing and signed by Network Associates or a duly authorized representative of Network Associates. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. The parties confirm that it is their wish that this Agreement has been written in the English language only.
- 12. NETWORK ASSOCIATES CUSTOMER CONTACT. If you have any questions concerning these terms and conditions, or if you would like to contact Network Associates for any other reason, please call (408) 988-3832, fax (408) 970-9727, or write: Network Associates, Inc., 3965 Freedom Circle, Santa Clara, California 95054. http://www.nai.com.